Along with being safe one can also stay glamorous at home. In the chaos of corona, the beauty care has been muddled. The shutters of all salons and parlors are down. Girls should use this time and should enjoy enhancing their beauty. When the whole world has hit the pause button , slowing down to engage in some self -care is probably the best thing one could do. Sharing with u some of my beauty secrets which specialist also confirms. Here we go!
1. Onion- STAY GLAMOROUS, It is the most famous and widely used hair growth remedy. The mixture of coconut oil and onion juice would not only add shine to your hair but also strengthens the root. Onions are high in dietary sulfur, a nutritional element that our body needs. Onion contains amino acid which is a component of protein(keratin) which keeps the hair healthy. Sulfur from onion may also promote collagen production which in turn helps in the production of healthy skin cells. It also increases blood supply to hair follicles which improves hair growth.
2. Rice water- The waste rice water can make u Rapunzel. The milky liquid left after cooking rice is rich in minerals and contains vitamins B, C, and E. Carbohydrate present in it repairs the damaged hair. The amino acid in rice water increases the hair volume and adds shine to the hair. There is a tribe named Red Yao in a Chinese village, Huangwo. The village got certified from ” Guinness Book Of Record” as “The World’s Longest Hair Village”. Guess why? Yes, the women of that village uses rice water for a long period of time.
3. Neem– STAY GLAMOROUS, Ancient Ayurvedic texts describe Neem tree as “Sarva rog nivaran”, universal healer or curer of all Ailment, used as the village pharmacy. The antioxidant and antimicrobial in Neem is very useful in hair and skin treatment. Washing the hair with boiled neem water not only makes your hair free from dandruff and lice but surprisingly also acts as a natural conditioner.
4. Lemon– Lemon has a low pH level and because of this acidic nature and antimicrobial properties lemon works perfectly in fighting skin. Lemon has astringent quality due to its low pH level and thus decreases inflammation and oil that contributes to acne formation. Citrus acid in it is a type of Alpha Hydroxy Acid which helps in the breakdown of dead skin cells too.
5. Natural Scrub– STAY GLAMOROUS, Instead of spending hard-earned money on expensive face packs from market, you can use homemade face packs that use simple ingredients like gram flour and turmeric. Gram flour is rich in fiber, protein, magnesium, and Iron which acts as a skin moisturizer and also unclogs the pores. It controls the sebum on the face too. Turmeric contains Curcumin (a bioactive component), it may help your Psoriasis as stated by National Psoriasis Foundation.
STAY HOME STAY GLAMOROUS, Its time to breathe and embrace our natural self. These natural remedies are far better than burning your hair and skin by using chemical-rich products or applying glue on your eyelid, tweeze and pluck against your skin.
Student of Mahila Mahavidyalaya BHU, pursuing BA in Aihc and Archeology, 2nd year. She is very passionate about reading a creative writer and have keen interest in politics and social issues.