Rhea Chakraborty, the late Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s girlfriend filed a fresh plea in the Supreme Court on August 10. In her plea, Rhea alleged that the news media is holding trials on television and pronouncing the actress, guilty in the Sushant Singh Rajput case. Recently, the social and news media attacks on Rhea doubled up after an FIR registered at Patna’s Rajiv Nagar Police Station on the basis of Sushant Singh Rajput’s father KK Singh’s complaint against Rhea and her family members.
In her plea, Rhea added that she would have no objection to the CBI probe if the Supreme Court allows it but requested for the jurisdiction of the case to be Mumbai and not Bihar. This comes after a kind of political battle between Bihar Police and Maharashtra Police as the former wanted a CBI probe whereas the latter was against it.
Highlights from Rhea ’s new plea in the SC:
- Infringement of privacy and rights of petitioner alongwith extreme trauma caused due to continuous sensationalisation of the case.
- Actors Sameer Sharma (44) and Ashutosh Bhakre (32) had also committed suicide in the past 30 days and yet there was no whisper about those in the power corridors.
- In the death case of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, the Chief Minister of Bihar is reportedly responsible for registering FIR 2 in Patna.
- The issue of Sushant’s suicide is blown out of proportion in the news media. Media houses are examining and cross-examining all witnesses in this case.
- Even before foul play in the death of Sushant Singh Rajput is established, the media has already convicted the petitioner.
- The Respondent State of Bihar has acted illegally in forwarding Sushant’s death case to Additional CMP at Patna Sadar instead of the jurisdictional magistrate at Mumbai. This was coupled up with the fact that the ruling parties of Bihar and the Center are the same whereas the party is a minority in Maharashtra.
- The alleged transfer of the case to ACJM Patna and further on to the CBI on August 4, 2020, is only to render the current petition 7 fruitless.
- There are certain set of rules for transfer of a case to the CBI.
- No material has been presented as evidence to show any consequence or a cause of action that has brought the allegations outside the jurisdiction of Mumbai.
- Even the Enforcement Directorate has started its purported investigation in proper and legal jurisdiction.
Meanwhile, Rhea Chakraborty reached the office of the Enforcement Directorate on August 10 with her brother Showik Chakraborty and parents to record her statement alongwith rhea family members as her request to postpone her questioning was denied by the ED. The ED probe was also joined by Sushant’s friend Siddharth Pithani and his close friend Sandip Singh has also been summoned by the ED. The ED has been involved in Sushant’s death probe after his father lodged an FIR with the Patna Police against Rhea and her family.