With all the negativity and uncertainty prevalent everywhere right now, we should make it a habit to look towards the bright side of things. Self-isolating is the perfect solution for amping up your beauty game and taking care of your skin. With detox drinks and beauty sleep on fleek, here are some beauty benefits of staying at home:
• The makeup-free face after ages. Since we’re not going out anyway, this is the perfect time to let your skin breathe and go absolutely make-up free. Away from the dirt and pollution, your skin fastens its regenerative abilities. This will also clear the pores to a great extent. Take care to remove the traces of dirt from your face before sleeping at night.
• Learn DIY make-up and nail art. You can google and watch make-up and nail art videos for beginners and pros, learn the basic tricks and hacks and level your make-up game. You can experiment with newer shades and be the judge of hues that go with your skin and shape. Rediscover and renovate.
• Focus on your skincare routine. Healthier and supple skin can be achieved with the right skincare essentials and routine. Basic hygiene must be followed for your skin to glow. This includes well-laundered bedsheets and pillowcases. Make-up brushes and sponges must also be washed regularly. Find what’s best for your skin, how to make the most of the product you’re using (adsorption and effect), and the correct method of application.
• Detox drinks whenever you need a refreshment. Quarantining at home gives full access to the kitchen at all times. Resisting the urge to eat junk food and oily snacks is the key to a radiant skin and fit body. Detox drinks can be consumed to improve the digestive system and also for a boost of essential vitamins and minerals. Fruits and vegetables like watermelon, lime, cucumber, mint, tomato, and ginger make excellent detox drinks.
• Improving your sleep schedule. Since commutation is almost none, you can have an extra portion of the beauty sleep. Better sleeping pattern not only benefits the skin but helps in improving the immune and digestion systems too. More sleep equals more productivity. Sleeping masks can also be incorporated to make the most out of your sleep.
• More time to work out. Earlier, because of the hectic schedules, we were stuck in, keeping up with regular workouts and meditation sessions were very difficult. Now is the perfect time for working out (from home). Our body requires regular exercise. Working out relieves stress and boosts the immune system of the body.
Following these few simple steps can make a huge impact on your body and mind. Good sleep and self-love will make you a better person as a whole. Instead of complaining about being bored during isolation, we should look for ways to develop ourselves and make this quarantine productive.
College: Banaras Hindu University
Year: 2nd year BSc Maths(Hons)
Faculty: MMV BHU
City: Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
Deeksha is an avid reader and a Potterhead. Absolute admirer of literature, art, and a collector of diaries and dream catchers. Apart from Maths, you’ll see her engaged in either novels, paints, or programming.