KK Singh, father of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput had filed an FIR in Patna against Sushant’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and four of her family members. Since the FIR, there has been a plethora of events and developments in the investigation of Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicide. Here’s a gist of them-
- Team of investigators belonging to the Bihar police is investigating KK Singh’s FIR now in Mumbai–As per a tweet by Subramaniam Swamy, “Patna police have investigated and registered an FIR on several offences on SSR mysterious death but Mumbai police have not got beyond Inquest under Section 174 of Cr. PC and not registered a criminal case reveals the possible mindset of Mumbai Police.” As the ANI reported, a four-member team of investigators had been sent to Mumbai and they’ll collect important documents and the case diary from the Mumbai Police.
- Rhea Chakraborty filed a petition in the Supreme Court seeking for transfer of SSR’s suicide investigation to the Mumbai Police- According to reports by the ANI, Rhea Chakraborty responded to the FIR lodged by KK Singh by moving the Supreme Court seeking transfer of Sushant’s death case investigation back to Mumbai Police from the Bihar Police. This statement has been given to the ANI by Rhea Chakraborty’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde.
- Rhea Chakraborty may file an anticipatory bail after FIR lodged by Sushant’s father against her-The actress from Jalebi was dating Sushant Singh Rajput and as per reports by the DNA, Rhea might file an anticipatory bail after KK Singh’s accusations. As per reports, Rhea has already met her lawyers to discuss the bail. The case has been filed against a number of sections of the Indian Penal Code. This includes section 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint), section 306 (abetment of suicide), section 342 (punishment for wrongful confinement), section 380 (theft in dwelling house), section 420 (Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property and section 406 (punishment for criminal breach of trust).
- Bihar police are trying to reach Rhea Chakraborty but she is out of contact– As per reports by Times Now, the Bihar Police is on a lookout for Sushant Singh Rajput’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty but the actress is absent from her residence and Bihar police have not been able to establish contact with her.
- Bihar Police might investigate the case of suicide of Sushant’s former manager Disha Salian-The Mumbai Police had reported earlier that there was no connection between the death of Sushant Singh Rajput and the suicide of his former manager DishaSalianbut, according to latest reports, the Bihar Police will investigate Disha’s suicide case as well and so it’s clear that they are suspecting of a link.
Post the FIR, netizens were sceptical about the delay in lodging an FIR by Sushant’s father. KK Singh’s lawyer clarified that Mumbai Police wasn’t lodging the FIR and wanted the big production houses to be named. So Sushant’s father had to resort to Patna police who, after intervention by Bihar CM Nitish Kumar and minister Sanjay Jha, accepted the complaint. Sushant’s family hasn’t demanded CBI investigation till now.