Dogs are considered to be man’s best friend and are extremely cute. They are loyal, fun, and lovable I mean who wouldn’t love a dog. But today I won’t be listing dogs on how lovable or cute they are but on the basis of their intelligence. The listing is done on the dogs’ ability to obey and adapt and is also dependent on how well-developed instincts they have. Its also said that the larger a dog is, the smarter it can be. Here is a list of 5 most intelligent dog breeds-
1) BORDER COLLIE- the border collie is a herding and working dog breed which was bred in the Scottish borders for the purpose of herding live stocks like sheep. It was bred to be intelligent and obedient. They are able to learn new commands under five repetitions and they remember and follow it 95% of the time. They are extremely energetic and athletic and need a lot of workout as they get bored fast and can destroy various furniture. People generally enter into dog sports using a border collie because of their acrobatic skills.
2) POODLE- the poodle is a formal dog breed whose origin is not known exactly but it’s stipulated to be bred in Germany as a type of water dog. The poodle is also of various varieties: standard poodle, miniature poodle and toy poodle, and the standard poodle is the type which is ranked the second in the intelligence rankings. They are known for their agility, obedience, tracking, and herding capabilities. They also are used in various dog sports. Poodles much like the collie need a lot of mental and physical stimulation and if not provided they start feeling uncomfortable. They are known to be a little rude and aggressive but if they are cared for and given love, they will generally reciprocate the feelings.
3) GERMAN SHEPHERD- German shepherds are considered to be the most loyal and protective dogs and are also ranked 6th in the most dangerous dog breeds. It’s a working dog bred in Germany as herding dogs. They are known for their strength, intelligence, loyalty, and obedience. They are used as military and police dogs also because of their ability to be trained very easily. They are excellent guard dogs because of their curiosity and have a very strong sense of care for their family.
4) GOLDEN RETRIEVER- the golden retriever is considered to be the friendliest dog in the world. The golden retriever was bred to retrieve shot waterfowls such as ducks and upland game birds during hunting. The golden retriever was bred in Scotland in the 1850s. the golden retriever is used as a guide and a hearing dog for the deaf due to their extreme intelligence and sense of affection for people. the golden retrievers are very gentle, calm, and hence aren’t suitable to be guard dogs but despite that fact, they are one of the most popular family dogs in various countries.
5) DOBERMAN PINSCHER- the Doberman pinscher is a domestic dog developed in Germany by Karl Friedrich Louis Doberman. They are known to be highly intelligent, alert, and are great guard dogs. Doberman is stubborn, strong, and sometimes disobey because of their pride but if cared for and trained properly, they can be extremely loving. The Doberman is considered to be aggressive dogs as they were originally bred for personal protection and as guard dogs but modern breeders have toned down this temperament in them and they show extreme loyalty nowadays. It’s necessary for them to be socialized at a young age with humans and other dogs to reduce this behavior.