As the media circus surrounding the death of Sushant Singh Rajput is increasing every day, the spiced up story of Sushant Singh Rajput’s tragic death by suicide is drawing TRP with every new publicity stunt. As a part of such a stunt, a particular news channel presented bank statements of Sushant Singh Rajput which, as they claimed, presented a “huge breakthrough” in the death probe of the late actor.
As some news channel reports the bizarre black magic done by Rhea Chakraborty (such claims are illegal as per the Indian Penal Code), some other channel attempts to gain TRP and draw viewer attention by disgusting and cranky headlines like “Love, Sex, Dhoka”. While netizens rightly shower their contempt towards such reports of baseless and bizarre allegations, many others warmly welcome such broadcasts for the spice element.
The statements, reportedly show huge transactions done from Sushant’s account for his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and especially her brother Showik. The last five huge transactions reportedly were-
- Aeroplane tickets for his girlfriend and her brother-As per reports, about Rs. 81,000 was spent from Sushant Singh Rajput’s account for air tickets for his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Show Chakraborty. Two other transactions were done from his account for Rhea’s family members.
- A hotel booking for Rhea’s brother- Sushant’s bank statements show that he paid for Showik’s stay in Mumbai and his account shows a transaction of more than 4 lakh rupees towards the Taj Hotel.
- Shopping expenses- As per reports of this particular news channel, Rhea Chakraborty withdrew around Rs. 35,000 from Sushant Singh Rajput’s personal account for shopping at Zara and someone called “Sammuel” was also using Sushant’s account. He had transacted about Rs. 5 lakh rupees from him.
- Rhea’s personal expenses- Sushant’s bank statements show a withdrawal of 40,000 rupees that was reportedly spent by his girlfriend Rhea for make-up and hairstyling. His accounts also revealed several other expenses done for Rhea’s personal use.
- Showik’s expenses- Reports of this particular news channel show that apart from paying for Showik’s flight and hotel expenses, Sushant also paid for his education and his tuition fees. Reportedly, he had well over 4 crores in his account in November 2019 and his balance had dropped to a little over 1 crore rupees by February 2020.
All this news reports devoid of empathy and sense just makes us realize, how far can some news media stoop for some 15 minutes of broadcast and TRP. Without giving any attention to privacy and absolutely ignoring every conduct of dignity, these reports have been repeatedly published by a various news channel and it is unimaginable that journalism could actually drop to this level of lack of sensitivity.
It is sad that Sushant’s family has to deal with all this amidst the loss of a dear family member. As the internet is divided over the nepotism debate, one thing is common- everyone demands the truth and this emotion is something that these media channels are utilizing to gain TRP.