A child’s education is what shapes him or into a human that is ready to face the world on his terms. And education is so much more than those few hours at schools. Proper schooling includes disciple, manners, and social etiquettes. And while a huge chunk of the education is often imparted to the children by their parents themselves, that’s often not the case. Due to the nuclear family setting and often long working hours of both the parents, the children are often sent off to boarding skools for all-round development that might otherwise lack in their upbringing.
In India, our education system is pretty strict as most Asian education systems are known to be. It makes it even more important to make sure we have done a good research before deciding on an institute for the children. Let’s dig deeper and learn a little bit more about best boarding skools of India currently.
- The Doon School- This lavish seventy acres boarding institute in Dehradun, Uttarakhand might be what you are looking for your son! The Doon School is an all-boys boarding institute that caters to the education of young boys of the 12-18 age group. Established in 1935, this institute is an All India skool that has been catering to students from all across the country and not just local students. A lawyer from Kolkata, Satish Ranjan Das who was fascinated by British skool model envisioned about this indo-western institute that will cater to smart, disciplined upbringing as well as enriching the roots that he belongs to everybody.
- Bishop Cotton School, Shimla- Found on July 28th, this boys boarding school was founded by Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton in Shimla Himachal Pradesh. The boarding skool is one of the oldest boarding skools for boys in Asia.
- Welham Girls’ School- If the Doon School is the best boarding skool for boys, Welham Girls’ Skool is the perfect counterpart for the private girl’s skool in Dehradun Uttarakhand. It is associated with classes 6 to 12 ICSC board.
- Sherwood college- This boarding skool is the first co-educational skool among the list. Sherwood College is based on Nainital and covers 45 acres of land. It was founded in 1869.
- The Scindia School- In the historic city of Gwalior, at Gwalior Fort, a boarding school was established in 1896 for the children of the royal family. Over the rules changed and now it is available to anyone who is interested and capable of the school. It is an all-boys boarding school.
- Mayo College Girls’ School- This skool is ranked the best boarding institute for girls and is situated in Ajmer Rajasthan. The skool is not that old considering it was established in 1987 and provides education from class 4 to 12.
- The Lawrence School, Sanawar- In the state of Himachal Pradesh, located on the Kasauli Hills, this skool is indeed a touch of excellence, honour, and influence. Established in 1847, it is one of the oldest skools in Asia itself and a very special one at that. History and culture make it a worthy choice.
- The Assam Valley School-This private boarding school is co-educational and was founded in 1995 in Assam. It is spread over an area of 270 acres. It is one of the best boarding schools of North East India and one of the largest boarding schools of Asia itself.
The aforementioned boarding schools are some of the many boarding schools of India. Which implies that vast research is expected of parents before they choose the best school for their child.